I’ll save you a lot of hassle and sum it up all neatly in a few bullet points:
- Yes, I love the IPad.
- It’s totally fucking cool. It’s like I am in 2001: A Space Odyssey
- Complaints? I wish Google Docs would work with it. I wish it wasn’t so expensive.
- DRM is a pain in the butt and a big problem for libraries, however, when I use my IPad I’m really not thinking about DRM.
- EBooks on the IPad = EXCELLENT
- I sure wish I could borrow library books on my IPad.
- $12.99 for an EBook? Seriously?
- Gaming? Awesome. Sort of wish I had a controller though.
- Reading? Awesome. No complaints.
- Video? Can’t find a lot of stuff I want on YouTube but…the app works pretty well other than that.
- Netflix? The app is a bit slow, but there is room for improvement.
That’s my wife and little boy enjoying some videos on the IPad. They dig it. And that means the world to me. Our family sits around the IPad reading and consuming content. It’s fun. We can go from reading to watching a video in a second. That’s a cool thing.
Is it for everyone? I don’t know. Just test one out at an Apple store. You will be pretty amazed but the real joy happens when you take one home. Relaxing, reading, watching, playing, etc…well, it just takes the device to a whole new level.