Hello World! I am looking for a most excellent Youth Services Librarian to come work with us at the Benson Memorial Library in Titusville, PA. If you like small towns where everyone knows everyone else, where you can walk around the whole town in just an hour or so, enjoy scenic trails, and great community members who are all willing to work together, this is a great town for you. Our library employs 7 (nine total) fantastic human beings who are dedicated to doing amazing, positive work for the community. We may be small and we may not have all of the time in the world, but we try our best. I’ll be your boss and I promise to be as nice and awesome and supportive as possible. I’m a human being so sometimes I may let you down but I promise that no matter what we will work together.
Interested? Here’s the listing!
The Benson Memorial Library is now hiring a full time Youth Services Librarian. The primary responsibility of this position is to implement and maintain services for ages 0-18 as well as to provide excellent customer service for parents & caregivers. This position involves working directly with youth, parents or caregivers, community organizations, and partners of the library. This Youth Services Librarian must have a strong knowledge of youth services in libraries, emerging technology trends, and be dedicated to the community of Titusville, PA.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare and present weekly events and programs at the Benson Memorial Library for ages 0-18 including after-school programs.
- Engage in outreach to schools, day cares, preschools, and other community organizations and agencies serving youth.
- Select all library materials for youth ages 0-18.
- Maintain the Youth Services collection by withdrawing used and outdated materials.
- Develop and oversee all aspects of the yearly summer program.
- Maintain and use technology related to Youth Services including iPads, 3D Printers, and more.
- Maintain Youth Services areas in the library and keep it updated to give library visitors a welcoming and amazing experience.
- Public Service and Circulation Desk assistance.
- Assist patrons with any library related needs.
The ideal Youth Services Librarian will:
- Be able to create great relationships with youth ages 0-18 and their parents and caregivers.
- Demonstrate a knowledge and appreciation for all areas related to youth services in libraries.
- Be a responsive and proactive employee and value personal customer service.
- Embrace and promote imagination, innovation and inspiration in both the work setting and in the Titusville community.
- Work as part of an amazing team that is committed to community of Titusville, PA and work to establish the Benson Memorial Library as a leader in the community.
- Collaborate and work with public and other staff members in a pleasant and professional manner.
- Possess strong working knowledge of technology and current trends in library services.
- Have the physical ability and strength to bend, reach, lift and carry (up to 25 lbs.) at times.
- A college degree is preferred, a Master’s Degree in Library science or Education is highly desirable.
- Experience working with youth ages 0-18 and their parents and caregivers.
This position is full time, including potential evenings and Saturday shifts. Salary will be dependent on qualifications. Health/Retirement benefits included.
PLEASE NOTE: The following is a guideline as to what is intended for this position. Additional duties may be asked of this position.
Please submit a letter of interest and resume to Executive Director Justin Hoenke via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via mail at 213 N. Franklin Street Titusville, PA 16354.