This weekend my mind turned to routine and order in an attempt to understand the world which I see in front of me. I believe that there is a lot we can understand from routine and order in our daily lives. We can then apply what we learned in our daily observations on a larger scale and through that have an impact on our overall lives. All of the things which we come into contact with both physically and mentally are connected. As individuals we can weave those things together into a giant tapestry which tells the story of who we are.
I am a being of energy, and that with my energy I chose to focus on positivity, creativity, and love. But the energy of an individual needs fuel and for me that fuel can come through routine and order. Below are some examples of routine and order that are in my life. These acts are simple but they give me great energy. This energy is needed in order to act as a being of positivity, creativity, and love.
WHEN I AM AT HOME
- Prepare and consume tea in the morning.
- Shower, brush my teeth.
- Spend time in the gardens (weather permitting).
- Piddle around in the gardens. Move some dirt, tidy up the area, etc.
- Water the plants inside and outside.
- Let the chickens and rabbits out to roam freely.
- Clean and feed the chicken and rabbit area.
- Make sure the bird feeder is full of seed.
- Perform or compose music in the gardens.
- Sit in the hammock and listen to the world around me.
- Unload and then load the dishwasher.
- Wash, dry, and put away laundry.
WHEN I AM AT WORK
- Set up my work space for a full day of work.
- Read and record our daily circulation and visits.
- Prepare coffee for the library staff.
- Water the plants inside.
- Take 1-2 minutes every hour to stretch.
- Open the window in the spring/summer for fresh air and to hear the sounds of the world.
- Actively observe the library around me when I leave my office. Try to notice something that can be improved for the community.
Routine and order use energy, but at the same time it fills our minds and souls with energy needed to move ahead. When we are aware of the acts that make up our daily lives, we become more in tune with the world. As beings of energy who are in tune with the world, we are able to focus and reach our goals whatever they may be. This is where change occurs. Be aware of the moment and that you have the ability to produce positive energy and in return you will experience significant changes in your life.