QUARKS 2 by Abigail Foster’s Photosynthesis Machine was released by Arbacarba Records on 9 October 2020. It is the 2nd installment in the QUARKS series of recordings by Abigail Foster’s Photosynthesis Machine, which is described by songwriter Justin Hoenke as “little blips and blops of music that come to me as I travel through the days, all nicely strung together in the style of a channel surfing cable TV back in the 80’s and 90’s”. The tracks featured on QUARKS PT. 3 were recorded in Titusville, PA and Wellington, New Zealand and are more in line with QUARKS PT. 1 and QUARKS PT. 2 which were released in 2019. “The songs on part 3 were a few left over bits from 2019 and some new stuff from 2020 that were lying around. It made sense to make something and release it to the world so I pulled together what I had and this came out.” QUARKS PT. 4 was a different approach, having been recorded as quick spontaneous moments right after the New Zealand Covid-19 lockdown ended in May 2020. “I picked the key of C major and every day I’d hit record and see what came out. After I had enough of these bits I put them together. It makes sense. It’s like some weird small life journey”.
- All songs written by Justin Hoenke
- All sounds made by Justin Hoenke except:
- “Mouth Harp” by some guy who randomly visited me in a library
- Piano on “This is Very Scary” and “12/8 Tarikaka” by Stephen Clothier
- ALL SONGS ON THIS RECORDING AND THIS RECORDING ITSELF ARE PROPERTY OF JUSTIN WILLIAM HOENKE AND ARE © 2020 ARBACARBA RECORDS.
- FOR MORE INFORMATION PLEASE VISIT ARBACARBARECORDS.COM
- Arbacarba Recoreds release ARB-016.
I hope you enjoy quarks pts. 3 and 4 and that you are as happy and healthy as you can be at this moment. love will always surround and guide us. hug each other.
-justin william hoenke september 2020.