I WANT TO DISSOLVE INTO THE EARTH by Abigail Foster’s Photosynthesis Machine will be released on 16 April 2021 on all streaming platforms by Arbacarba Records. Pre-orders start up on 20 March 2021. This is the 11th album released by Abigail Foster’s Photosynthesis Machine since 2004. This album was written and recorded in Te Whanganui A Tara, Aotearoa by Justin Hoenke in 2020-2021 and all of the artwork was created by Carson Williams in Las Cruces, New Mexico.
- WHAT IS THIS ALBUM ABOUT? Getting old, growing up, change, communication, understanding. The same ol’ stuff. This is life.
- HOW DID YOU MAKE THIS? Voice, Guitars, Drums, Synthesizers, Love, Patience
- HOW DO I LISTEN? Head to any streaming service and look up Abigail Foster’s Photosynthesis Machine
- WHO MADE THAT GREAT ART? Carson Williams. He’s a great human being, a wonderful friend, an amazing librarian, and everything in between.
- WHAT ARE THE SONGS ABOUT? Here we go…
- I’M CRACKING UP: started life as a tune in 2001-ish. I always loved it so I finished it up this time around and wrote new lyrics. I’M 40 NOW, SO BORING. Life is always changing and moving. It’s time to settle things as best as I can.
- UGH, THE INTERNET: the current state of the internet. We really blew it with the internet. It had such great promise but we let the corporations & fringe lunatics take it over.
- BABY BOOMERS: years of pent up anger against a generation. CANCEL MY STUDENT LOANS AND THEN WE’LL TALK. While the world burned, the boomers sat back and enjoyed their vacation homes and stock markets. The world needs to change.
- TAKE SOME TIME: me getting old. I can’t do or be everything. I have to reflect, rest, and grow. But I have to get over my own brain to do that.
- WE MAKE DECISIONS: and we must stick with them. Life, politics, family, love, growth, work, everything. We have to make these decisions and go on with that. Our decisions will guide us moving forward.
- LUCY GRAY: written in 1999 but never properly recorded or released. This is one of my first favorite songs and I always thought about it. It’s kind of like one of my children. It is now done and released to the work. Heavily inspired by William Wordsworth.
- DANDELION: family, love, rest, and relaxation. Stop and look at the flowers. Life goes by too fast. Lead Guitar by Zach Watt, who I haven’t worked with on music since 2003.
- LET’S KEEP IT SIMPLE: the philosophy. Why complicate the world? Keep things simple. Keep things focused.
- ALL I WANNA DO: Peace. Tea. Sleep. Chilling the fuck out. Life moves too fast (once again, notice a theme?). All I want is a simple life with just enough for my family.
- I DISAPPEAR: We all fade away over time. We all end at some point. Recognition that this happens, peace knowing that this happens, and acceptance in moving ahead.
- ALL OF THIS IS TEMPORARY: We live in the present. One day all of this will end. Be at peace with this knowledge. Be at peace with all of the next steps. Growth.
- Written by Justin Hoenke
- All artwork by Carson Williams
- MADE IN TE WHANGANUI A TARA, AOTEAROA
- © 2021 JUSTIN HOENKE
- An Arbacarba Records release ARB-018
HALEY, FINN, AERO, CARSON, ZACH WATT, GMOTHRA, STINKY, RANSOM, BETHANY, ALYIA, MOM, DAD, LILY, JAMIE BOORMAN, HADLEIGH BODLE, LAURINDA THOMAS, THE OWNERS OF 39 TARIKAKA STREET, JACINDA ARDERN, ELIZABETH WARREN, BERNIE SANDERS, TIM SPALDING, LISA CAREY, LIAM SPALDING, JAMES MCNUTT, AND EVERYONE ELSE WHO HAS MADE AN IMPACT AND BROUGHT POSITIVITY INTO MY LIFE BETWEEN 2019-2021.