I have done some things in my life and this is a space where I will collect and list those things.
- June 15 1980: Born to William and Mary Ann Hoenke in Pittsburgh, PA
- My brother Joshua Hoenke is born in Pittsburgh, PA but dies three days later due to complications.
- June 1985: My brother Brandon Hoenke is adopted from South Korea and he arrives in the USA to live with us.
- March 1987: I receive my first video game system, the Nintendo Entertainment System, with four games: Super Mario Bros, Duckhunt, Trojan, and Mighty Bomb Jack. My life is forever changed.
- December 1994: Got the first Weezer album (The Blue Album) for Christmas.
- Summer 1996: Got my drivers license and my first car, a Chevette.
- September 1996: Started at my first job working at Video Game Exchange.
- September 24 1996: After school I went to the Northway Mall and purchased the Weezer’s Pinkerton at National Record Mart.
- Late 1996: Met Rob Dansak.
- Spring 1997: Got drunk for the first time with high school friends. I tried orange juice and vodka. I remember coming home and playing Goldeneye for the Nintendo 64 and thinking that this was how James Bond most likely felt because I remember him drinking in movies.
- August 1998: Move from Pittsburgh PA to Edinboro PA to attend Edinboro University of Pennsylvania.
- Fall 1998: Had beer for the first time. It was Yuengling.
- Fall 2000: First visit to the Imperial China Buffet in Erie, PA.
- Started a band (name is either Jonas or Crulowe) with Zach Watt, Alan Dean, and Mike Siders. We played 2-4 shows before we stopped working together.
- Fall 2000: The band mentioned above plays the entire W
- December 25 2000: Woke up at 3am with kidney stones. Later had surgery to remove three kidney stones.
- Summer 2001: Met Dustin Miller and with him, Zach Watt, and Rob Felsburg began the band Zomo.
- June 15 2001: Turned 21 and spent the evening with friends and family at Dave and Busters and in the South Side of Pittsburgh.
- Fall 2001: Begin recording the Zomo album Waiting For The Green at AmNot Recording Studios in Girard, PA. These sessions continue into 2002 and are never finished.
- Spring 2003: Met Aaron Davis and began working on music with him for various projects such as Lost Earth Lock.
- Summer 2003: Zomo becomes a three piece with myself, Dustin Miller, and Aaron Davis. We set up a rehearsal space at Aaron’s cottage in Edinboro PA and play a lot of music.
- Fall 2003: Begin working at Media Play in Erie PA.
- December 2003: Recorded the Zomo album For The Muses at Mudhut Studios in Sharon PA with Aaron Davis and Dustin Miller.
- Early 2004: Record guitar tracks for an unreleased Lost Earth Lock album at AmNot Recording Studios in Girard, PA.
- February 2004: Moved to Bellingham, WA. Later moved to Sumas, WA and lived in a trailer.
- July 2004: Found Oblio the Cat in the barn and adopted her.
- 2004: Wrote and recorded the album The Sun and The Moon.
- Late 2004: Played Animal Crossing for the Nintendo Gamecube for the first time and racked up about 150 hours of play time.
- March 2005: Started working at a Thrift Store in Pittsburgh, PA and moved back in with my parents.
- April 2005: Met Haley in Meadville, PA
- May 2005: Begin my relationship with Haley.
- June 2005: Moved to Meadville, PA and began living with Haley at 740 North Cottage Street #5.
- May-July 2005: Recorded the album A More Colorful or Easier Somewhere Else with Aaron Dobler in Edinboro, PA.
- Late 2005: Haley and I decided to get married.
- Late 2005: Begin working as a per-diem employee at the Erie County Public Library system.
- Fall 2005: Started my final two semesters at Edinboro University in Edinboro, PA.
- May 2006: Honeymoon in Myrtle Beach SC with Haley
- Spring 2006: Finally graduate from Edinboro University in Edinboro, PA.
- July 3 2006: Haley and I got married in Portersville PA at Betsy’s Barn.
- Fall 2006: Begin recording the album “Everyone C’mon Get Happy”
- Fall/Winter 2006: Work with Gypsy Dave on his first solo album Liberty. I did some production and played a few instruments.
- Fall 2006: Begin working at the Cooperstown Public Library in Cooperstown, PA.
- Early 2007: Writing and Recording for the Zomo album Triangle of Drunk in New Jersey with Dustin Miller.
- January 2007: Begin graduate school at Clarion University.
- April 2007: Released the album “Everyone C’mon Get Happy”
- Fall 2007: Begin working at the Clarion Free Library in Clarion PA as their Teen Librarian.
- Late 2007: Begin writing and recording album “Monsters” at our Rose Lane apartment in Meadville, PA.
- March 2008: Accepted a job at the Cape May County Library in Cape May Court House, NJ.
- May 2008:Finished Graduate School at Clarion University and obtained my Masters in Library Science. Moved to Cape May Court House, NJ with Haley. That same month we found out that Haley was pregnant with our first child.
- January 17 2009: Finnian Kyeong Hoenke (Finn) is born in Cape May Court House, NJ.
- Fall 2009: Hanna Berger moves in with us.
- April 2010: I accept a position at the Portland Public Library in Portland ME as their first ever Teen Librarian. Haley, Finn, and I move to Portland ME at around this time and live in an apartment on State St.
- Sometime in 2010: 8BitLibrary.com is created with JP Porcaro and focuses on the use of video games in libraries. My archived writings can be found here.
- Spring 2011: Haley and I purchase 175A Pine Street 1J in Portland, ME.
- November 23 2011: Aero Read Hoenke is born in Portland, ME.
- April 2012: Asked to be part of a Grant review panel for the Maine Humanities Council.
- May 2012: Visit Hamburg, Germany to give a presentation at the 2012 Bibliokarthag Conference as a guest of the Zukunftswerkstaff.
- October 2012: Visit Monterey, CA to attend the Internet Librarian Conference with the whole family. Afterwards, we drive up to San Francisco/Oakland, CA to visit with Haley’s brother Ransom and his wife Molly. We end up spending an extra week in CA due to a winter storm hitting Maine at the same time we are supposed to fly home.
- April 2013: I was offered and eventually accepted a job at the Chattanooga Public Library in Chattanooga, TN by Nate Hill.
- May 2013: Moved to Chattanooga, TN with Haley, Finn, and Aero.
- July 2013: Purchased 1506 Vance Avenue.
- Summer 2013: Beginning of the creation of The 2nd Floor at the Chattanooga Public Library.
- Summer 2013: Dev Dev: Summer of Code 2013 at the Chattanooga Public Library with James McNutt, engage3D, AIGA Chattanooga, and The Benwood Foundation.
- January 2014: Presenter at the 2014 Wild Winter Wisconsin Webinar.
- Summer 2014: Dev Dev: Summer of Code 2014 at the Chattanooga Public Library with James McNutt, engage3D, AIGA Chattanooga, and The Benwood Foundation.
- March 2014: Keynote Presentation at the University of North Carolina Greensboro. April 2014: Presentations at the Texas Library Association in San Antonio, TX.
- Early May 2014: Keynote Presentation at the Marigold Library System in Strathmore Alberta Canada.
- Late May 2014: Keynote Presentation at the 2014 Innovation Expo at the Enoch Pratt Library in Baltimore, MD.
- June 2014: Travel to Louisville, KY to give a presentation for the Louisville Public Library at a Library Future seminar.
- April 2015: I was offered and accepted the Executive Director position at the Benson Memorial Library in Titusville, PA.
- June 13-15 2015: We moved to Titusville, PA, moved into 102 Brook Street (Fidelia Hall), started my job at the Benson Memorial Library, and turned 35.
- Fall 2015: At some point Haley decided to name 1/2 of our property (the old church part) Fidelia Hall and open it as an event & gathering center with a passion for building community through creativity.
- October 2015: Visit Lake Placid, NY as a family and attend the NYLA 2015 Conference where I give the “We Hope You Had an Amazing Experience” presentation for librarians.
- November 2015: Travel to New Zealand and Australia to give a keynote presentation at the LIANZA conference, present at the State Library of New South Wales, and the State Library of Queensland.
- December 2015: Begin work on the boilers in Fidelia Hall with the end goal being to restore heat to the building.
- February 2016: Heat is restored to half of the Fidelia Hall building.
- March/April 2016: Get three chickens and two bunnies
- April 2016: Travel to Los Angeles, CA.
- April 2016: Finalist for the TV reality show “Kicking And Screaming“. I don’t make the final cut.
- May 2016: Begin recording the album “EITHER WAY I’M FINE” by Abigail Foster’s Photosynthesis Machine.
- July 14 2016: a new metal roof (the color is red) is installed at Fidelia Hall over the handicap accessible entrance.
- July 18 2016: appointed to the Titusville Senior Center Board of Directors
- August 2 2016: Had surgery to fix an umbilical hernia
- August 10 2016: Moderator for the School Library Journal panel “From the Teen Room to the Director’s Chair”
- Mid August 2016: Visit Laconia, NH
- August 26 2016: Present to Pennsylvania Youth Services Librarians in Titusville, PA.
- October 5, 2016: Library presentation in Canandaigua NY.
- November 11, 2016: Library presentation in Clifton Park, NY.
- December 10, 2016: My grandmother Catherine Hoenke passed away.
- January 2017: appointed to the Titusville United Way Board of Directors
- March 24 2017: Released the Abigail Foster’s Photosynthesis Machine album EITHER WAY I’M FINE.
- April 2017: Beat The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild in 85 hours.
- May 2017: The first part of TALES FROM THE LIBRARY TRENCHES is published by InfoToday
- May 17 2017: Library Presentation at the NNYLN Annual Meeting in Clayton, NY
- May 2017: Spend 11 days away from Titusville PA, visiting Norwalk CT, Sherman ME, and Portland ME during that time.
- June 2017: The second part of TALES FROM THE LIBRARY TRENCHES is published by InfoToday
- June 1 2017: Begin weaning myself off of Prozac.
- July-August 2017: The exact date is unknown, but at around this time all Prozac has been eliminated from my body.
- July 2017: The third part of TALES FROM THE LIBRARY TRENCHES is published by InfoToday
- September 2017: The fourth part of TALES FROM THE LIBRARY TRENCHES is published by InfoToday
- September 2017: I became a monthly columnist for InfoToday, writing the column A Day In The Life which focuses on interesting and awesome librarians out in the field and the great work they’re doing from day to day.
- October 27 2017: Released the Abigail Foster’s Photosynthesis Machine album PROZAC IS THE DAM & I AM THE DYNAMITE.
- November 2017: I became a contributing writer for IndiePicks Magazine. My job is to interview and write about independent filmmakers and musicians. My first two features can be found here and here.