LAST UPDATED: 15 APRIL 2020
I am amazed at all of the creativity coming out of libraries and librarians in the days of Covid-19. Story times, music, crafts, webinars, support, and more. Here is the beginning of a list that will be updated on a regular basis of the very cool, creative, and helpful things that libraries and librarians are doing during the Covid-19 days.
I would love it if you would share more of these great ideas with me via email at justinthelibrarian at gmail dot com. After I get your email I will update this list daily and give you credit for sharing. Thank you for contributing to this list!
- Cape May County Library has some really nice story times and other online engagement going on over at their Facebook page.
- Libraries Offer Virtual Meeting Rooms on Zoom via Library Journal
- Free webinar: Intro to Scenario Planning by Matt Finch
- Librarian.Support: Freelancers, Speakers, Consultants, a list of folks available to help libraries during and after the pandemic.
- My former library Benson Memorial Library helping with fines and expired cards, having an online drive to get people filling out the 2020 Census, and an online art contest. This library is proof that it doesn’t matter the size of your public library…if you have the drive to do it then you just do it.
- Libraries Connect Their Communities with WiFi, Even from Closed Branches via Library Journal.
- Stephen Clothier and Catherine Haines of Wellington City Libraries create a virtual classroom for the international NaNoWriMo Young Writers’ Programme and open it up to all of New Zealand teens (via LIANZA)
- Ann Arbor District Library: Treton Fightin’ Narwhals video game football livestreams
- 19 Webcomics To Keep Kids and Teens Engaged via School Library Journal
- Regina Public Library putting its servers to use crunching COVID-19 data
- Ann Arbor District Library has AADL TV, redirecting to their YouTube page with story times, crafts, drawing, jokes, and much, much more.
- Arlington Public Library Is Publishing A ‘Quaranzine’ With Work From Local Artists
- A Covid-19 version of Ann Arbor District Library’s Summer Game, now called THE BUMMER GAME.
- “Never let a serious crisis go to waste”: Libraries transforming in the age of Corona by Christian Lauersen is a great post with so many links about great things happening all around the world. PLEASE DO check this out!
- Public Libraries News has an amazing section called Coronavirus – Public library ideas and responses and there are some great ideas on what libraries are doing for customers and some more ideas on how staff training can happen during this time.
KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK. You are all great and your work is much appreciated.