What’s going on here in this photo taken at 2pm on Tuesday June 24, 2014 on The 2nd Floor at the Chattanooga Public Library?
- A day camp visits the library. 30 kids and 5 camp counselors.
- The V-Mission: Natural Disasters LiSTEM program, a partnership between the Chattanooga Public Library and the Challenger STEM Learning Center.
- Two outside workers installing Aerohive Wireless Routers to improve wireless access on the 2nd Floor.
- An unknown (but significant) number of walk in patrons looking for items and using library services.
- A number of kids, tweens, and teens enjoying open and free video gaming in the 2nd Floor Arcade.
- A group of three tweens learning about 3D printing.
- 3 staff members located in this area of the 2nd Floor, with another 2 in the area focused on ages 0-7.
Why do I share this? Because I want to show what the modern kid/tween/teen library looks like in 2014. It is:
- Full of people
- A work in progress
- A place where all kinds of learning and literacy happen
- A place for everyone in the community
This is what the kid/tween/teen library looks like in 2014. It may not look like this in 2015, but that’s OK. The kid/tween/teen library looks like what the community needs it to look like. This is us on the 2nd Floor of the Chattanooga Public Library. What do you look like?